|Email a Pharmacist
Pharmacists are available to assist with questions
Monday to Friday 8.30am-9.00pm
EST (Melbourne, Victoria Australia)
CALL : 1300 558 639
Schedule 2 Pharmacy Medicine
Schedule 2 (S2) drugs and poisons, otherwise known as Pharmacy Medicines, are substances and preparations for therapeutic use that:
- Are substantially safe in use but where advice or counseling is available if necessary
- Are for minor ailments or symptoms that:
- Can be easily recognised by the consumer
- Do not require medical diagnosis or management
- Simple analgesics such as aspirin, paracetamol and ibuprofen in packs containing more than 24 tablets (packs containing up to 24 tablets of simple analgesics are unscheduled, and can be sold in any shop)
- Nonsedating antihistamines
- Nasal sprays containing decongestants or steroids
The location of these medications in the pharmacy varies from state to state.
In some instances these products may not be available for purchase on line or quatities purchased may be restricted.
Schedule 3 Pharmacist Only Medicine
Schedule 3 (S3) drugs and poisons, otherwise known as Pharmacist Only Medicines, are substances and preparations for therapeutic use that:
- Are substantially safe in use but require professional advice or counselling by a pharmacist
- Require pharmacist advice, management, or monitoring
- Are for ailments or symptoms that:
- Can be identified by the consumer and verified by a pharmacist
- Do not require medical diagnosis, or only require initial medical diagnosis, and do not require close medical management
Some states have subsets of Schedule 3 with additional requirements (see below). Only some Schedule 3 medicines may be advertised to the public.
In some instances these products may not be available for purchase on line or quatities purchased may be restricted. A valid prescription written by an Australian Registered Doctor will be required to be provided to Pharmacy Select prior to this medication being supplied. Please contact us directly on 1300 558 639 or email email@example.com and we will assist you with any queries.
Schedule 4 prescription only medicine/prescription animal remedy
Pharmacy Select will commence a prescription on line service shortly. Look out for details on the website.
Schedule 4 (S4) drugs and poisons, otherwise known as prescription only medicines, are substances and preparations for therapeutic use that:
- Requires professional medical, dental, or veterinary management or monitoring
- Are for ailments or symptoms that require professional medical, dental, or veterinary diagnosis or management
- May require further evaluation for safety or efficacy
- Are new therapeutic substances
- No drugs under schedule 4 need to be authorised by the health department
- One's doctor may call the health department to get a drug approved that is not listed on the (P.B.S) so one can get that drug on a (P.B.S)
- Not all drugs can be authorised for the (P.B.S)
Some states have subsets of Schedule 4 with additional requirements (see below). Schedule 4 medicines cannot be advertised directly to the public.